GRITS Terms and Conditions:
We reserve the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: https://app.gogrits.org/terms
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While SEI prohibits such conduct and content on the Service, you understand and agree that SEI cannot be responsible for the content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as your plan allows.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when content is posted by others who have their own logins under your account).
- One person may not maintain more than one free account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts. Free accounts are not required to provide a credit card number or other means of payment.
- If you initially sign up for GRITS Plus or GRITS Unlimited account, and you don't cancel that account within the first 30 days, you will be billed monthly. If you cancel prior to the 30th day of use, the initial invoice will not be processed and you will not be charged.
- The Service can be offered with a free trial. Once that trial is up, you will only be able to continue using the Service by paying for usage through a subscription. If you fail to pay for a subscription, your account will be frozen and inaccessible until payment is made.
- An upgrade from the GRITS Basic plan to any paying plan will end your free trial. You will be billed for your first month immediately upon upgrading.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account after the first 30 days. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of features or capacity of your Account. We do not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. You can cancel your account at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- Upon request, your account can be temporarily suspended if you wish to access the information at a later date without risk of losing data within the Service.
- SEI, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other SEI service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account. SEI reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- SEI reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the GRITS website (GoGRITS.org) or the Service itself.
- SEI shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law. Please review our copyright compliance policy.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, if you are on a plan that accesses the GRITS Library, you agree to allow others to view and access your content.
- SEI reserves the right to share data at its sole discretion, however the data will be anonymized so that individual accounts and/or users will not be identified. Service information can be shared outside of the Service platform without attribution at SEI’s own discretion. However, data with attribution will only be shared after SEI gets approval from the account owner.
- For free trial users (GRITS Basic), account information and data will remain in the Service. For GRITS Plus and GRITS Unlimited paid subscribers, data with attribution can be removed from some or all projects upon request, as well as some or all data can be removed from the Service upon request by the account owner.
- SEI does not pre-screen content, but SEI and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders, and is available by phone or email.
- You understand that SEI uses third party hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt, or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, SEI, or any other SEI service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by SEI.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any SEI subscriber, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- SEI reserves the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other Service customers. SEI will seek to contact the account owner by phone or email before taking any action, except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- SEI does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that SEI shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if SEI has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from or arising out of any matter related to the Service, including but not limited to: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; or (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service.
- The failure of SEI to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and SEI and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and SEI (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
API TermsCustomers may access their SEI account data via an API (Application Program Interface). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses SEI, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to SEI via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account's access to the API. SEI, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. We will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Notification of Copyright Infringement ClaimsSEI is committed to compliance with U.S. copyright law. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), copyright owners have the right to notify SEI if they believe that an account user of a SEI application has infringed the copyright owner's work(s). Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted in writing to SEI’s designated agent for receiving such notifications.
By email: email@example.com
Sustainable Endowments Institute
50 Milk Street, 15th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
To be effective, the notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit SEI to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit SEI to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.